About John H. Cox, the Association Navigator
I’m a Founder & Managing Director at Verto Solutions
I believe that associations are a significant factor in our economy; key policy drivers in every community and on the national and international levels.
I work to make associations more effective and business-like so that members get maximum value and minimum frustration.
- I’m a lawyer, admitted to practice in the District of Colombia and Georgia.
- My association experience includes government relations, legal, financial, communications & marketing, including overall management of associations with annual revenues exceeding $5 million.
- My communications experience includes web site design, convention and educational program development, marketing and membership development.
- I’m focused on improving association operations in key operational areas, membership, finance, communications, education, event planning. As well as innovative management and delivery of specialized programs. At Verto Solutions, this means scientific work and international advocacy, but associations do a million different things.
- Running a small company is thrilling! It requires lots of help and we have a great team at Verto Solutions.
My traditional education took place in the great state of Alabama.
- My undergraduate degree is in English Literature from Spring Hill College in Mobile (my home town).
- I studied law at the University Of Alabama School Of Law in Tuscaloosa.
- I enjoy reading books about business, psychology, communications, history, biography, food and sailing. I believe learning is a life-long project.
Before becoming a Managing Director at Verto Solutions I held many interesting jobs, including:
- Director of Government Relations, The Roberts Group
- Press Secretary, U.S. Senate
- Sailing Instructor, Belle Haven Marina, Alexandria,Virginia
- Press Assistant, Office of the Speaker,U.S. House of Representatives
- Security Guard, University of Alabama School of Law
- Delivery Driver, Pizza Hut
- Law Clerk, Occupational Safety, Health and Environment Review Commission
- Law Clerk, Office of the General Counsel, Federal Trade Commission
- Associate, Booz Allen & Hamilton
- Program Analyst, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Bartender, multiple establishments
- Waiter, multiple establishments
- Landscaper, boat painter, shoe salesman…
I’ve been married to my amazing wife Francessa Wakem Cox for 14 years.
- We have three beautiful children.
- We live in McLean,Virginia, just outside Washington,D.C.
- Our family belongs to St. John the Beloved in McLean.
Please contact me to discuss your association. email@example.com
My Verto Solutions biography is available here.